Important Office Information & Policies
- Our office hours are from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
- We are always available for neurological emergencies by calling (843) 669-2007.
- On arrival, please register with the receptionist and have a seat.
- We see patients by appointment only (no walk-in visits).
- For your initial visit, you must provide us with necessary personal documents in order to be seen, including
photo ID, social security card, insurance cards.
notify us 24 hours in advance if you can’t keep an appointment. This allows us to schedule another
patient in your place and reschedule your appointment for a time that will be more convenient for you.
- If you miss more than one scheduled appointment without notifying us in advance, you may
be discharged from the practice.
- If your name, address,
phone number or insurance coverage has changed since your last visit, let us know as soon as possible.
- Payment is expected when services are rendered unless other arrangements have been made
- We accept cash, checks and credit cards.
- Your copayment is due at the time of your office visit.
- You will be charged a $25 fee for a returned check.
- If your insurance plan uses a drug formulary, e.g., Medicare, Medicaid and some other
plans, you are responsible for providing us with a copy. We will review the drug formulary and, if possible,
prescribe only formulary medications. However, it may be necessary for us to prescribe a non-formulary
medicine, in which case, you are responsible for obtaining the medicines we prescribe. We do not process
authorizations for you to obtain non-formulary medications.
do not prescribe medications on weekends or after office hours. If you request medication refills during
office hours, allow three working days for your request to be processed.
- We will fill out insurance forms, disability forms, etc., on your behalf. We charge a fee
of $20 for the first page of the form and $5 per page thereafter. Your signature must be on the form allowing
confidential medical information to be released. The fee must be paid at the time of the request.
Please allow 30 days for completion. You will be notified when the form is ready.
- We will send copies of your medical records at no charge if requested by a physician or
hospital. Otherwise, we charge a clerical fee of $15 plus 65¢
per page for the first 30 pages and 50¢ per page thereafter. You must
sign a release of information form before we will release your medical records to anyone.
We do not provide baby sitting services. When you or your child has an appointment, please make
arrangements to leave your other children elsewhere. Only one adult may accompany a child for testing.
- Please be patient if you have to wait. Our physicians and nurse practitioners
manage hospital in-patients every day and these duties frequently interrupt the office schedule. If you
cannot wait, let us know and we will reschedule your appointment.